In my real life, this is what I do: I’m a rising senior at Christopher Newport University and I grew up in Richmond. I am majoring in English and double minoring in psychology and journalism. I have been the news editor for the school newspaper, The Captain’s Log, since I was a sophomore.
And this is what I do for fun: I love to paint my nails and do nail art in my free time. I have lost count of how many different polishes I own, but if I had to guess, it’s close to 100 polishes. I can spend hours trying out different techniques and designs!
One of my favorite pastimes is reading. I love reading YA novels. There’s something about the optimism of coming-of-age stories that I really love. I also enjoy sinking into a good historical fiction book.
When I have time for myself, I especially like to rewatch some of my favorite shows like “Doctor Who” or “That ’70s Show.”
My favorite place I’ve traveled is Greece! I took a short study abroad trip there during the summer and loved exploring, trying new foods and enjoying the beautiful views! I hope to go back there one day!
I would like to travel to Singapore or Japan. I’m kind of a foodie, so I think I’d have some really great meals there!
Three people I most admire:
- My grandfather because he is the kindest and most giving person I know.
- My mom because she is incredibly smart, and I learned how to be independent from her.
- My dad because he taught me how to work hard and, no matter how big or small the task, to give it my all.
On my bucket list:
- See the Northern Lights in person. That would be amazing!
- Learn how to crochet little amigurumi creatures. I think they’re the cutest and I’m a sucker for little plushies.
- Ski in Europe! I’ve been skiing since I was three and I’ve skied in the U.S. and Canada, but never in Europe. I hear it’s a different experience!